Need a new cocktail to try for your happy hour? These fun and unique recipes with a CBD twist are exactly what you’re looking for!
After a long hard day, there’s nothing better than heading to a bar and getting your favorite drink to help you relax and unwind. Now there’s something new out causing quite the buzz (no pun intended), CBD cocktails are popping up and people are loving it!
Cannabidiol, to use its official name, is known to give the user a relaxed and feel-good feeling. So it’s not that much of a stretch to guess that it would go great with alcohol. But is it safe?
CBD contains no THC which is what causes psychoactive side effects, instead, it has been used for medicinal purposes and according to Harvard Health Publishing it is most popular in treating anxiety and insomnia as well as chronic pain,
“CBD applied on the skin could help lower pain and inflammation due to arthritis. Another study demonstrated the mechanism by which CBD inhibits inflammatory and neuropathic pain, two of the most difficult types of chronic pain to treat.”Harvard Health Publishing
With cannabidiol now becoming legalized in several states it’s important to know the individual law restrictions and regulations.
If your a person who’s looking for creative and unique uses with CBD then these 5 cocktail recipes are for you!
Make sure to buy only high-quality CBD products before trying any kind of CBD inspired recipes.
1. Sour T-iesel
Created by Jason Eisner for Gracias Madre, West Hollywood, CA.
A fun spin on the Margarita!
- 2 oz. tequila blanco
- 1 oz. lime juice
- ½ oz. agave
- ¾ oz. aquafaba (the liquid in a can of chickpeas)
- 3 mint leaves
- A pinch of sea salt
- 10 -15 mg CBD tincture
- Matcha powder
- Put all ingredients except for aquafaba and matcha powder in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain.
- Add aquafaba.
- Emulsify with a hand blender (use a regular blender if needed) and strain it into a glass.
- Garnish with matcha powder.
The South has risen again! And it’s brought a fun new cocktail with it!
- 2 ½ oz. of bourbon
- ½ oz. of simple syrup
- 1 milliliter of mint CBD tincture
- 2 drops organic peppermint essential oil (optional)
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Pour mint CBD tincture into a chilled julep cup.
- Add the simple syrup and optional organic peppermint essential oil.
- Give the mixture a swirl and then throw some mint leaves into the cup
- Muddle the mint leaves in your mix.
- Pour the bourbon over everything.
- Top off the beverage with some pebble ice.
- Add mint leaves for garnish and enjoy!
Created by Johnny Swet for Jimmy at The James, New York, NY.
Made specially for you!
- 1 ½ oz. mezcal
- ¾ oz. Amaro Montengro (substitue: any amaro)
- 2 spoonfuls pumpkin butter
- 4 drops CBD tincture
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- CBD gummy (to garnish)
- Add all ingredients except for gummy to a cocktail shaker and shake over ice for 10 seconds.
- Strain into a glass with crushed ice.
- Garnish with gummy.
Perfect to unwind and cool down with on a hot summer day!
- 1 ½ oz. gin
- 3 ½ oz. tonic water
- ¼ oz. lemon juice
- 1 – milliliter CBD oil
- Aromatics for garnish recommendations:
- Edible Flowers
- Grapefruit Peel
- Lime Wheel
- Combine gin, lemon juice and tonic water in a wine glass.
- Top the concoction off with ice.
- Place the aromatic garnishes on the top.
- Pour CBD oil on top so it floats.
A new spin on an old classic!
- ½ oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. cranberry juice
- ½ oz. Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 1-milliliter orange CBD tincture
- Orange peel for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, mix the lime juice, cranberry juice, triple sec or Cointreau, and vodka.
- Shake up the concoction.
- Open up and add the orange CBD tincture to the mix and shake again.
- Add ice.
- Give the shaker a vigorous shake for around 20 seconds.
- Once the shaker feels cold, you’re good to go.
- Place a strainer over the mouth of your shaker and pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.